Saturday, January 1, 2011

#333 Together

The one thing I do almost as much as photography/photo editing, is reading.
Our daughter, who worked with an international bookseller, dearly loves to read.
A couple of years ago she first came home with the Kindle pictured on the right, and I committed one of the sins--envy. Then she had the nerve to come home on Christmas with the one on the left. No one should have two Kindles! However, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my gift. Along with bunches of socks (the only thing I had on my gift list), she had brought me her first Kindle! 
Do I care that it is used???? No! Because it has all the books on it that she has bought over the last few years. And I get to read every book she buys in the future, too!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to enjoy this...I have an ipad and I LOVE it! I just ordered my 1st magazine on it and it is great...now I won't worry about throwing it away since it is virtual! :) Have fun w/ your new toy!

BobbieCoughlin said...

I am SO glad to hear I am not the only one to covet! (I am hinting VERY strongly that DH and the kids should chip in together to get me a Kincle for my birthday in March.)

Anonymous said...

What a great gift indeed, sin no longer.

Conor Coen said...

A great gift....in fact I want one...:)

Anonymous said...

I love this story!! Looks like you got a wonderful gift that includes lots of books. Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hear ya! I'm envious of fancy cameras when I am working with a point & shoot. If somebody wants to give me their "used" camera, I won't object :-)

Anonymous said...

Does it count that I'm now coveting? LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think that is a fine way to KINDLE kind thoughts bu your mother, clever girl.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I hope your daughter has good taste in books...

~Val said...

Nice! I have adopted many authors on my mom's recommendation. Now that she's gone, my aunt, who works in a library, is another fine source of new reads.

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! And am so glad you are starting the year out sin free. You are doing well on both your New Year's resolutions list and on the Challenge list--a multitasking phenom! I like the textured background in the Kindle shot.

jo said...

I like to read, too, but I buy very few books now. I borrow from the library instead.

What a thoughtful gift that Kindle was!

Lorri said...

My girls all have ereaders but I've never paid much attention to them. Now you're tempting me a bit!

Christina, Sweden said...

seems like a great gift to get it filled by books just witing for you. I get envious... ;-)

christina, sweden

Anonymous said...

Lucky you. No heavy books to carry.

Clara said...

That looks very interesting. I just can't warm up to the idea of a Kindle. I like to hold a book in my hands. I know that I will have to change because Kindles are the future.

Nan said...

What a wonderful gift! And a nice tie-in to the theme.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your kindle! My husband and daughter each have one and love it. I'd rather get a new camera and read the old fashioned books! Very nice job on photographing the kindles. Nicely composed and the clarity is great.