This morning I braved the cold (stop laughing!) and got proof that it actually gets cold here. Really....it was about 28 degrees F. last night. Most of the plants will survive without much damage. We have a lot of evergreen plants in our yard. The iris surprised me by starting to bloom mid-December. I cut the remaining stems and brought them inside to bloom, so they were not victims to the cold.
 |
| Heavenly Bamboo |
 |
| Azalea |
 |
| Purple bearded iris |
13 comments:
It's that cold here too and I DON'T like it. Hope all your plants survive.
looks like icing!
I'm with Ron, it just looks like a bit of dusted icing sugar has been added to them all.
I love when it looks like somebody finished the plants off with some confectioners sugar! I don't know it is below 20 degrees right now with the weathermen predicting a major snowstorm tomorrow!
Isn't it cool how the frost outlines all of the fine details in the plants...very pretty!
These are very cool images.
Nice details - and the frost does look like sugar. We are supposed to get another 8-14 inches starting tonight. Not happy!
frost like powder on the blossoms, your plants may be used to this. Fine pictures.
I hope the frost didn't damage the azalea; I love the effect on the leaves.
I originally was laughing until I saw how sad your plants look. The weather is doing some very strange things. I'm glad most everything was saved.
Ohhhh...poor iris! It should be OK but those poor azaleas!...will they bloom after this treatment? How are all your lemons and citrus? Nice photos even if the subject isn't so nice.
Lovely shots of lacey frost.
I always feel so sad when I see beautiful things injured.did they survive?
Post a Comment